Monday, October 25, 2010

What the he** am I doing?

I decided to start a blog to navigate my way through unfamiliar territory. I figured this would be a great outlet for me (and entertainment for anyone reading) as I figure out what the he** I'm doing. I graduated recently with my degree in Global Business. Sounds snazzy right? Well, wait till you get out of the classroom and into the real world to figure out how to put it to work. I should have some idea as to what I'm doing, but I don't ... I totally don't.

Here's my dilemma: I started a company as a shoe manufacturers agent, which basically connects shoe manufacturers and buyers in global territories. Well, easier said than done. Building relationships and getting people to trust you when all they know about you is your email address isn't quite easy. On top of that, I had the bright idea of selling my favorite homemade cookies. I know NOTHING about the cookie industry. All I know is that people like my cookies, so here I am ... with a cookie business and one vendor, a little Italian pizza restaurant in my neighborhood. In the midst of it all, I love coffee ... LOVE COFFEE! It's my comfort. It's my hot liquid retreat amidst the madness. So, when shoe and cookie fail to deliver, know that you will at least find some coffee recommendations, tips, recipes, or read about me bragging on how great MY cup of coffee was for the day.  Anyhoo, thanks for reading. Now back to work ...

No comments:

Post a Comment