Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bake, Pray, Blog

Well if you've been skimming the blog, you well know that cookies have invaded my life ... in a good way of course. I was in the restaurant kitchen baking today and found myself subconsciously praying-- praying about the audition I feel like I bombed yesterday (did I mention I'm a commercial actor too) ... praying that the cookies came out perfectly, praying for A CLUE! I find myself smack dab in the middle of a baking business that I am feeling my way through one day at a time. From testing the recipe, to packaging, to shipping, it's all a huge step of faith. So, hence today's blog title, I bake, pray, and blog my way through.

You might be saying by now, the blog is called 'Cookies, Coffee and Shoes', but I haven't heard anything about the 'shoes'. Aha, you are right! My shoe business has been a bit neglected these past couple of weeks, but I did show it some love today. I contacted several vendors in Brazil (after doing an initial preview of their shoes online). And I'm planning for a big trip to Brazil in January! Pretty exciting stuff. But SCARY because it's already NOVEMBER! I don't have much time to prepare, but prepare I must.

By the way, today's a good day to place orders for cookies. They are freshly baked and will be shipping tomorrow to arrive within 2-3 days.

How's your week going? I hope it's off to a fantastic start.

3 comments:

  1. Had no idea about all the ventures you are involved in, and I must say how impressed I am by your step of faith. Truly inspiring. And I will definitely be purchasing cookies AND shoes...I still love the ones you picked out for me when you and J were in Brazil together years ago.

    SO exciting! I stand in agreement with you for wild success and fun along the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cousin!!! The entrepreneur thing certainly runs in the family! I'm ordering cookies now! I'm sure they'll be a hit! Baking and cooking certainly runs in the family! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited - I have COMMENTS!! thank you all for the encouragement and support. It blesses my coffee loving heart :)

    ReplyDelete